Marmaris International Race Week
Since 1989 when it was first held, the Marmaris International race week has been a staple in the lives of most dedicated racing sailors in Marmaris. Now with 31 years of tradition behind it, the seven-day event has steadily grown into one with international appeal, consistently attracting over 1000 entries and partnering with some of the sport’s most committed sponsors. It is fair to say, in fact, that this event is now one of the most popular Race Weeks in Turkey.
Competitors are once again anxiously anticipating both the impeccably-managed competition on the water and the famously friendly revelry ashore. Again we have a remarkable group of people to run this event, and with new and returning talent to the race course, we should have some outstanding competition.
Here is a rough schedule for the race week:
1. Registration : October 24, 2020 10:00-18:00 Saturday
2. Registration : October 25, 2020 09:30-12:00 Sunday
3. Regatta documents: All documents of the regatta (the sailing instructions, flags, board numbers, etc.) will be delivered at MIYC office from on Sunday, October 25th 2020 at 16:00 – 16:30 hrs.
4. October 26, 2020 1st & 2nd Race Monday
“NETSEL MARINA DAY”
5. October 27, 2020 3rd Race
“MARMARIS MUNICIPALITY DAY”
6. October 28, 2020 4th Race
“SETUR MARINAS DAY”
7. October 29, 2020 5th Race – COASTAL COURSE
8. October 30, 2020 6th Race
Needless to say all participants are required to undergo COVID19 test as instructed by the organizers. Unfortunately, this will be the first ever regatta without social events due to COVID19 restrictions in Marmaris Turkey.